St. Stephen's Green Park Dublin

ST. STEPHEN'S GREEN

 
Ireland's best known Victorian public park. The origins of the always tranquil St. Stephen's Green, set right in the middle of the south city centre go back to medieval days when it was a marshy common used for public grazing. Re-opened by Lord Ardilaun in 1880 for the citizens of Dublin. This 9 hectare / 22 acre park has been maintained in the original Victorian layout with extensive perimeter tree and shrub planting, spectacular spring and summer Victorian bedding. The herbaceous border also provides colour from early spring to late autumn.
Over 3.5 km of pathways are accessible for all users. The waterfall and Pulham rock work on the western side of the green are worth of a visit likewise the ornamental lake which provides a home for waterfowl and a garden for the visually impaired. A number of sculptures are located throughout the green. A children's playground is a popular attraction of the park.
St. Stephen's Green Dublin

« back
ST. STEPHEN'S GREEN  
Home Rooms Dining Location About Dublin Accommodation Trinity College Dublin Links Convention Centre Galleries Reviews Contact Sitemap
 Site by P3 Hotels